Of course once I did that, I remembered that I forgot to include a file.
So then I decided to stop being lazy, checked out a new clean copy of mozilla and reapplied the patch to both OS X and Linux and started building. I then found a couple of places I forgot to make some updates in the Linux version, which meant start all over again with patching the pristine trees.
I hope this current version works.
I also wish that it wasn't so hard to get a distcc set up to build multiple platforms. (distcc is a tool to allow you to use multiple computers to compile your programs) and that I had enough machines laying around to get some short compile times.