The program I've been writing mussa was crashing under PPC OS X. It appeared to be dying somewhere in the depths of Qt so after struggling for a bit on tuesday I emailed trolltech and reported it as a bug. When I woke up I discovered they'd written me back to tell me it was a compiler bug.
So while my poor little mac mini was recompiling qt I went off and helped some of my girlfriends friends unpack from their cross country move.
Then when I got home I managed to recompile my app and magically it started to work again.
I also discovered that voicepulse had a fairly good opinion on dsl reports and they have an asterisk compatible product VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk (though I will admit that their pricing information for this service seems confusing--though it should be cheaper for me than vonage).