I got win2k installed, I got it to log onto my samba server in domain security.
Then I tried to install MS Office. And the office installer kept crashing with some registry error. There was also a problem with the sound blaster live driver which might be the real reason for win2k's crashing.
So I stopped trying to install office onto the file server and tried for just the local drive, then I went and took a shower. When I came back the system had rebooted into linux.
The only reason I'm doing this is because I have the client that wont go away they have this custom business management app that I translated from something off of a minicomputer.
Unfortunatly I did it in microsoft access 2.0, using access basic.
The current bug list is there were some Y2K issues that corrupted some data, and then they decided to upgrade form win 3.1 to win95 which broke the lame printing routines. So I've got patch the printing components to conform to a more recent printing API. And I have to make their frigging checks line up properly.
I hate trying to line stuff up onto a preprinted form.
Not to mention the pain of getting one of my computers to actually run windows, there's been too much bit rot since I last tried.