Diane Trout (alienghic) wrote,
Diane Trout
alienghic

Interesting...

While reading about a shocking new jacket (a taser jacket) I read the following quote.

According to the Department of Justice, 5.7 million violent personal crimes -- rapes, robberies, assaults -- were reported in 2001, the most recent year for which figures are available. Men accounted for 3.1 million victims and women for 2.6 million. Of the crimes against women, 32 percent were committed by strangers, while the remaining 68 percent were committed by family members, friends or acquaintances.

Walking to home at night might actually be safer than going to a bar with some desperate aquantences with mild crushes.
Subscribe

  • Guild Wars 2

    I started playing Guild Wars 2, and am happy their questing system has broken with WoW's current quest design. As WoW grew they "simplified" and…

  • calendar.

    Its been a really long time since I tried to write. I keep meaning to roll my own blog software, but there's so many other things I should be doing.…

  • Building debian packages for mozilla's sync server

    I'm surprised this seems to have gotten valid debian packages with a minimum of fuss for a package where I couldn't find a recommended release…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments